The luxury Ritz Carlton is one of several high end hotels which opened within the last five years in Toronto. Located at 181 Wellington Street West in the core financial and convention district, it’s a great option for both leisure and business travelers. Whether you are visiting Toronto or call this your home, don’t miss the beautiful Spa My Blend by Clarins located on the fifth floor of the hotel. Originally launched in Paris, the Toronto location is only the second spa of its kind in the world and it really is the peak of pampering and luxury. Visitors to the spa receive access to the hotel’s pool and fitness facilities, so make sure you bring your swimsuit. Inside the change rooms you will find an aromatherapy steam room, sauna, green tea–infused vitality pool, luxury multi jet showers, deluxe products, and private lounge areas. The beautiful co-ed lounge area is a retreat in itself, offering tea, water, fresh and dry fruit, granola, and nuts. The treatments here are outstanding, with facials and the champagne nail bar being their specialties. Luxury does have a price, of course. Facials are about $200, massages are $165 and up, body treatments around $170, and nail treatments starting at $30 for file & polish up to $130 for a champagne pedicure. Perhaps not an experience for every day, but for the occasional indulgence, the Ritz Carlton spa is the best in this city.
A few pointers:
- ensure you leave yourself enough time before and after your treatment to enjoy the facilities
- an 18% gratuity is added to your service automatically so don’t be surprised – you can change it but after your amazing treatment you probably won’t want to
- the jacuzzi in the ladies change room is just too strong to sit in for more than 5 minutes but try using it without the jets on for a calming warm bath
- you can order food and drinks in the main co-ed lounge
- for a little bit of everything, try the 2 hour holistic stress buster which includes a body scrub, massage, paraffin foot treatment and mini-facial ($300)
What’s your favourite day spa in Toronto?